In The Kitchen
It’s comfort food season and during this season there’s nothing I love more than a hearty , flavor packed pasta and chewy brown sugar cookies.
Comfort Zone Pasta
- 10 oz dry spaghetti pasta
- 2 teaspoons of Olive oil
- 1 pound Skinless chicken breast, diced into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions I used white onions.
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temp.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream See notes.
- 15.5 oz fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese I used sharp.
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in accordance , meanwhile prep your veggies and chicken.
- Place a large pot on medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the chicken and season with 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook throughly on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside
- Add an additional teaspoon of olive oil with the green peppers, red peppers, and onions . Sauté until the veggies are translucent and fragrant.
- Remove the vegetables and set them aside.
- Reduce the heat on the stove to medium add the butter. Once melted add the garlic.
- Allow to cook for two minutes and then add a few tablespoons of the broth to the pot.
- Deglaze the by incorporating the brown bits stuck to the pain ,it has flavor.
- Add in the remaining broth, cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar, Parmesan, fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Stir constantly and cook until the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked pasta, chicken, and vegetables back to the pot & stir.
- Reduce heat to low , place the lid on the pot. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce and pasta are well incorporated.
Brown Suga Cookies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter (or 1 ¾ sticks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups flour , plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- First , preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a skillet melt 10 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Whisk constantly until butter starts to brown. Now Pour into bowl, add remaining butter to same bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together sugar, ¼ cup of brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and the baking powder.
- Add the remaining brown sugar and add to salt to butter and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Combine butter mixture with dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Either roll dough out to 1/2-inch thick and use a cookie cutter, or you can roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the cookie dough for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies have set.