Love, Spice & Everything Nice
☀️ Morning Glory
• Ground beef
• Yellow onion ( chopped )
• Oregano (dried)
• Garlic powder ( 1 teaspoon )
• Mushrooms ( any kind , as much as your heart desires)
• Worcestershire Sauce (1-2 teaspoons)
• Pink salt ( 1/2 teaspoon )
• 4-5 eggs ( I used brown eggs )
• Grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
• 8-10oz frozen or fresh spinach (drained)
• Green onions (optional )
1 Cook ground beef in skillet with oil until meat has browned. While the meat is browning , beat your eggs. You’ll need them soon!
2 Chop your mushrooms and yellow onion , allow them to sauté. Throw in with your beef. Get your egg frying pan ready to roll.
3 Add beaten eggs to pan , toss around until you get scramble eggs.
4 Add in the Worcestershire sauce , garlic powder , salt and oregano to the pan.
5 Add your spinach & eggs to the beef pan.
6 Stir and combine. Allow to cook on medium low heat for no more than a minute.
7 Once cooked add to a plate , you can garnish with green onions.
Shrimp , Spice & Cilantro Rice
• 1lb shrimp
• 1 cup of Thai Sauce ( add more if you like )
• 1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
• Sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon corn starch
• 1 tablespoon water
• 2 teaspoons Red pepper flakes
• 2 cups of Jasmine or Basamati rice ( uncooked )
• 1 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup vegetable broth
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• Zest of a lime
• 2- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon garlic
Directions for shrimp
1 Cook shrimp just until pink.
2 In a bowl mix the Thai sauce , red pepper flakes and rice wine vinegar.
3 Stir until it’s all incorporated. Bring to a very low simmer.
4 If the sauce is too thin , add your cornstarch slurry. The 1 tablespoon of corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. Add to sauce to your liking.
5 Once sauce is at your desired consistency, add in your cooker shrimp.
Directions for Cilantro Lime Rice
1 In a pan heat your olive oil
2 Add in your uncooked rice
3 Stir on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until light brown.
4 Add in the garlic , lime zest and pepper. Stir and combine.
5 Add in the vegetable broth, bring to a simmer. Then add in the water. Cover and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
6 Once the rice is finished, allow it to cook. The. with a fork , fluff the rice.
7 Add the cilantro and lime juice. Combine.
8 Serve with your favorite vegetable.
🐠 Salmon w/ oven roasted Asparagus
• 2-3 tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon garlic
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2-3 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
• Salmon Fillets ( 3-4)
• Olive oil
1 Combine the soy sauce , honey , garlic and Sriracha.
2 Marinate the salmon in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3 Pre heat over to 425 degrees.
4 Bake salmon for 15 minutes.
5 Top with Sriracha ( optional)
Oven Roasted Asparagus
1 Cover asparagus in the olive oil
2 Allow to bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes.
3 Can top with grated Parmesan.
♥️ VDAY THEMED BREAKFAST
• Dave’s Killer Bread
• Salt ( just a pinch )
• Pepper ( as much as u like )
• 1 teaspoons of lime juice
• 1 teaspoon of Hot Sauce ( optional , I use the Cholula brand )
1 Mash avocado , leaving small chunks.
2 Add your salt , pepper , lime juice , and hot sauce
3 Continue to mix until it’s all combined.
4 Serve on warm toasted bread with your favorite fruit.
♥️ VDAY THEMED DESSERT
HONEY , I FRIED THE PLANTAINS
• 1-2 Plantains , depending on how big or small you decided to cut them. Also , the riper the plantain , the sweeter it’ll be.
• Vegetable oil
• Cinnamon ( just a sprinkle )
1 Fill pan with oil , enough to submerge the plantains.
2 Slice plantains , cut the end then peel. Slice down the middle . Cut as desired.
3 Once oil is ready fry the plantains for 2 min on each side.
4 Once you remove the plantains , sprinkle cinnamon on top , drizzle your honey on top.
5 On top add your favorite ice cream , whipped cream and peanuts.